Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Mid-Term Essay: Concluding Paragraph

A good re-conceptualisation from one of you during a consultation on the mid-term essay during my office hour today. As I detailed in lecture, your concluding paragraph will summarise your argument and then suggest a broader application for further research.
As your colleague rephrased this, with laudible brevity, the conclusion will generalise your argument. I'll add additional insights as updates to this post as I get them from my consultations with you.

Update. One quality of fiction found by a student is allusion to - or inclusion of - a deeper system or concept. Mills' rephrasing of biblical text in modern vernacular suggests reduction - or even mockery - but it can also be read as reinvigorisation of text dead to Mills' contemporaries.

No comments: